Kids Helping Kids has donated $582,010 to Riley Memorial Foundation since 1983. Kids Helping Kids is the official fund raising project of the Washington Township Schools’ Community Tennis Program. The program invites all tennis families and everyone who believes in the worthwhile mission of Riley Hospital for Children to consider making a donation through our program. Barbara Campbell has served as Kids Helping Kids Coordinator for 30 years. In 2014, Sue Brandt and Melissa Fitch served as coordinators. and Barbara Wynne and Steve Wakefield have been co-chairman of our Riley project for 31 years.
Our funds help provide scholarships to special needs children to attend Camp Riley each summer. In addition, our fund provide two WATTS lines directly into the nursing stations for both the special care and intensive care nurseries. This allows worried parents to get direct information without going through the switch board. Additional funds are provided to Dr. Richard Schreiner, Physician in Chief of Riley Hospital for Children, to help fund special projects as determined by his staff.
Friends of the Tennis Program are invited to send their donations made payable to Riley Children’s Foundation to Sue Brandt, 8180 Rosemeade, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Our Tennis Program gives 100% of funds raised to Riley Children’s Foundation. Five fund raisers in the Tennis Program benefit Riley Hospital:
- Families participating in a drawing for a trip for two to the US Open Tennis Finals at Flushing Meadows, NY.
2. Playing in the Indiana Junior Open Tennis Tournament July 10-13, 2008. All entry fees go to Riley.
3. Sponsors, Patrons, Benefactors and Donors supporting the Indiana Junior Tennis Open donations all go directly to Riley.
4. Concessions during the Indiana Jr. Open Tournament are donated to Kids Helping Kids.
5. Frank Catanzarite mixed doubles group project
Volunteers for this program are most welcome. Please e-mail Barbara Wynne to volunteer: bb@thewynnes.